Organizations dedicated to helping the widows and orphans of servicemen and servicewomen killed or injured in Operation Iraqi Freedom

The Fallen Patriot Fund: The Fallen Patriot Fund of The Mark Cuban Foundation was established to help families of U.S. military personnel who were killed or seriously injured during Operation Iraqi Freedom.

The Red Cross

TAPS: The Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors, Inc. (TAPS) provides a wide variety of programs and information to survivors, military and casualty personnel and others.

National Military Family Association

Society of Military Widows

Fisher House: The Fisher House program is a unique private-public partnership that supports America's military in their time of need.

Still Serving

United Warrior Survivor Foundation


Organizations that give scholarships to children of vets, including those who are disabled/deceased

Scholarships for Military Children Program was created to recognize the contributions of military families to the readiness of the fighting force. If your mother or father is active duty, reserve/guard, or retired military personnel or you are the survivor of a deceased member, and you have a military dependent I.D. card you can apply! You must be planning to attend a college or university on a full-time basis.

Florida Department of Education: The State of Florida provides scholarships for dependent children of Florida veterans or servicemen who died from service-connected diseases or disabilities or have been verified by the Florida Department of Veterans' Affairs as having service-connected 100% total and permanent disabilities.

Military Child Education Coalition: (Links to several military scholarship funds on this page.)

Friends of POW-MIA: (Links to several military scholarship funds on this page.)

North Carolina Scholarships for Children of War Veterans

Comments and link suggestions will be appreciated.

(Please report broken links to the webmaster.)